Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chocolate Milkshake Recipe

By: Amy Jo Hearron

Amy Jo has been creating wonderfully tasty recipes and has been sharing them on her food blog titled Pure and Simple. Many of the recipes are gluten free and use such ingredients as Kale, Coconut Oil, Raw Honey, Beets, Mint and so much more. Everything is colorful, full of flavor and easy to create at home.

We will be re-blogging some of her most delicious recipes for your enjoyment!

The day I made my first chocolate indulgence in a purely raw state from scratch was the day I began whistling a new tune. From this revelation emerged pies, cookies, smoothies, candy, and milkshakes I could consume daily without feeling depleted. Recipes that bring immeasurable joy and health to my life will follow this post, but for now I share with you a milkshake that brightens many mornings and always lifts my spirits. It is made with fresh, raw ingredients, including my homemade brazil nut milk, dates, coconut butter, cacao powder, and the all-too-favorable hemp seed, which has benefits oozing out of its exuberant shell.

The hemp seed is easy to digest. It helps to increase and sustain energy throughout the day, balance blood sugar, and reduce inflammation, thanks to the omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It contains loads of essential amino acids and is known for strengthening the immune system. I add at least a spoonful or two to my smoothies on a daily basis and have noticed a positive difference since adding them to my diet a few years ago, seven to be exact. I rely on the Vita-Mix to blend my smoothies/milkshakes/homemade milk to perfection. 

Find more recipes on Amy Jo's new blog, a journal of imaginative kitchen creations and purely sweetened indulgences. These dishes are gluten-free and full of flavor, containing natural ingredients and no refined sugar.



No comments:

Post a Comment